What is it?
- A community led program to help local charities in need each month of the year.
What are we trying to do?
- We want to engage our community further to work together to help those in need. We also want to raise awareness about the wonderful charities that are in our area.
How can you get involved?
- Donations can be dropped off the week prior to the First Tuesday of each month.
- The donation box is located at the city building, right inside the double doors and is open 24 x 7.
- Follow us on the City of Independence, Kentucky Facebook page and support the charities through donations each month.
- Join the Independence Volunteer Corps (IVC) to help collect or deliver donations (you can join the IVC by signing up on the City of Independence webpage).
Still thinking about it? Keep in mind that when we share our time and talents we:
- Solve problems
- Strengthen Communities
- Improve lives
- Connect to others
- Transform our own lives