In fact you can bring your donation to the concert at Memorial Park this Thursday and drop it in the marked barrel!
We are gathering donations for Operation Angel Closet (scroll down for list of needs). It’s focused on the essential needs of children as they enter the foster care system in the KY DCBS Northern Bluegrass Region. The Angel closet is maintained by KY DCBS and filled with the help of many organizations including our own local group FAPA (Foster Adoptive Parent Association) of NKY and community drives like this one!
FAPA helps to alleviate the burden a little for foster and adoptive families by providing holiday parties, gifts and school supplies. 100% of the funds they raise go into helping the foster/adoptive families.
We are hoping to collect as many items from the list below as possible throughout the month of June to refill the closet for the children that need it. (You can drop off donations any day starting today through June 30 at the City Building, or bring to the Summer Concert on June 13 and drop them off at the collection barrel).
Please note, all items must be new for this program.
* Diapers or pull ups (all sizes)
* Clothing (premie through 16) – Pajamas, Underwear, Socks
* Baby wash, baby lotion, diaper cream
* Pacifiers, Bottles/Sippy cups
* Bibs, Blankets, Baby toys or books
* Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Shampoo and Conditioner, Body wash, Deodorant, Hair brushes and combs
* School supplies
* Books, word puzzles, journals
* Small toys
* Bags (duffle bags, back packs, etc)
Be the village! Everyone can do something and every little bit helps!